Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Evette van Est
about 1 month ago
Evette van Est
Temp for 3 months
based Manchester £11.92 per hour
Overall Purpose of the Job
The School organises a large number of events in the public performance spaces including concerts, theatre performances, literature events, conferences, and specialist events for schools and community groups. The post holder is a vital member of the Arts Administration Team. They supervise the box office, event and the Centre reception operations and assist in the administration of all events linked to the Centre as well as key events in the school.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities or Duties
The post holder will be required to:
1. Work as part of the Arts Administration Team to provide a comprehensive administrative support service for the Centre events, as well as key events within the School.
2. Support the recruitment of and supervise all Box Office Assistants and Stewards.
3. Handle room bookings for the spaces in the Centre related to events. Keep online booking systems and calendars up to date.
4. To undertake other general duties, as requested by the Centre Manager and/or the Arts Administration Manager commensurate with the grade of the post.
5. Attend and participate in regular team briefings.
6. Flexibility in approach to working hours is essential as this post may involve occasional weekend and evening working.
7. Supervise and support the Receptionist. Hold regular meetings with him/her relating to all reception activity in th Centre.
1. Be fully conversant with all events based at the Centre.
2. Liaise with event organisers and performers regarding their requirements, ensuring that key colleagues at the Centre receive the relevant information in a timely manner (e.g technical requirements for a live performance).
3. Liaise with University staff (e.g. Estates, House Services and Car Parking) and with external service providers (e.g instrument tuners) to ensure the necessary provisions are in place for all Centre events.
4. Produce and distribute accurate running orders to all event stakeholders in coordination with Centre staff and from information collected from staff and other event partners.
5. Produce hard copy event files for the Technical Services Manager, MHC events team and box office staff for all public events, including a running order, additional event information and necessary paperwork and equipment.
Desirable knowledge, Skills and Experience
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age