An opportunity has arisen for a Area Service Manager (Cleaning) to join our expanding contract based in North London & M11 corridor.
The hours of work are: Monday to Friday Hours across 07:00-19:00 - 40 hrs per week - One hour unpaid lunch per day.
- Manage resources to ensure compliance with HR Policies and Procedures, including but not limited to recruitment, staff performance, management of staff absence, staff training and development and appraisals.
- Ensure staff training requirements are identified and appropriate courses and/or in-house training is proposed/scheduled.
- Co-ordinate all 3rd party suppliers, relating to services within this remit - in accordance with EFS Accounts processes and procedures.
- Ensure all additional works is planned, and recorded - billing has been agreed with stakeholders and relevant documentation completed in accordance with EFS processes and procedures.
- Ensure data is collated and monthly KPI/SLA reports produced for presentation to the client and EMCOR Soft Services Manager. Carry out and facilitate regular client meetings to review and report on cleaning and associated services, and be responsible for producing minutes and notes for audit purposes.
- Integrate within client activities, where requested attend client briefs and provide direct report to key stakeholders.
- Participate in audit programmes and inspections, taking ownerships for actions and follow ups.
- Plan, prepare and complete works within client CMMS/planned maintenance schedule.
- Develop and implement bespoke cleaning schedules but present and display in format already agreed with Client.
- Undertake planned and ad hoc cleaning audit checks across the factory portfolio.
- Develop cleaning innovation ideas in conjunction with the on site Soft Services manager to enhance the working environment and drive down associated cleaning costs. (Labour and materials).
- Manage the cleaning consumable consumption and deliveries across the site and drive down associated costs.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining the procedures and systems necessary for providing a comprehensive service delivery for Cleaning and associated Services on our sites.
- Ensure Cleaning and associated Services are delivered in accordance with our clients Specification and within the agreed budget.
- Manage and monitor appointed subcontractors for delivery of Cleaning and associated Services, including the development of service specifications, SLAs and KPIS.
- Participate in regular contract review meetings with service providers and ensure reviews are documented and that any service delivery issues are resolved.
- Carry out and facilitate regular staff meetings with all direct reports to ensure open and two-way feedback on service delivery, budgets, resources, health and safety, etc.
- Participate and promote all projects within GMP remit for example 5's, CW3, change the way we work.
- Responsible for ensuring the servicing and maintenance of all cleaning machinery and equipment is recorded and managed.
- Ensure all cleaning staff wear appropriate EMCOR uniforms at all times and look smart for the job.
- Instigate and control site walk rounds indentifying cleaning enhancements and general site management.
- Ensure timely and accurate quotations are identified and submitted following a client request for extra works· Labour resources are managed within budget, out of scope works identified in accordance with EFS process and procedures.
Health and Safety
- Ensure all statutory, health and safety and environmental licenses, certificates and documentation relevant to areas of responsibility are available on site for audit and review.
- Ensure compliance with all Statutory Regulations and EFS Instructions· Ensure all work areas are maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and that appropriate checks are undertaken and recorded for audit.
- Take responsibility for managing and maintaining staff training records and delivery of Health and Safety Toolbox Talks.
- COSHH materials recorded and updated on regular basis.
- Ensure all staff have appropriate PPE to undertake their roles and implement regular audit checks.
- Implement behavioural audits across site.
- Previous management experience in industrial and general cleaning and proven capabilities in managing teams.
- Computer literate.
- IOSH Managing Safety.
- Proven previous experience in conducting risk and COSHH assessments.
- Valid full driving licence.
- Monthly management reporting.
- Risk Assessors course.
- COSHH assessors course.
- Train the Trainer.
- Use of cleaning equipment .
- People Management - the ability to establish a clear sense of purpose and direction and win the commitment of others to implementing actions necessary to achieve contract targets.
- Budgets and Planning - the ability to develop, communicate and implement clear budgets and resource plans for the short and medium term achievement of business goals.
- Communications - the ability to communicate clearly and positively with the client and employees at all levels.
- Change Management - the ability to identify and implement operational changes to improve the quality and profitability within the area of responsibility.
- Client Orientation - the ability to build positive relationships with customers in order to speedily resolve significant operational problems.
- Performance Standards - the ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in the areas of quality, safety, financial and operational performance within the area of responsibility.
- Resilience - the ability to maintain an objective and positive focus through periods of high and sustained work pressure
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.