Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Search Construction & Property are seeking an experienced Architect to work on a diverse range of commercial new build projects. The Architect candidate should have a minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience in all aspects of project running. Good technical and contract knowledge important, but design skills will be a priority.
The successful candidate will contribute to the future development of the company and the opportunity exists for career advancement. You would be joining a friendly team, and housed in fantastic offices in Aberdeen.
* Discuss the ideas, objectives, requirements and budget of a project, and in some cases help to select a site
* Consult with other professionals about design
* Assess the needs of the building and its users, advising the client on the practicality of their project
* Prepare and present feasibility reports and design proposals to the client
* Assess the impact on the local environment
* Use IT in design and project management, specifically using computer-aided design software
* Keep within financial budgets and deadlines
* Produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications
* Specify the nature and quality of materials required
* Prepare tender applications and presentations
* Negotiate with contractors and other professionals
* Prepare applications for planning and building control departments
* Draw up tender documents for contracts
* Project manage and help to coordinate the work of contractors
* Control a project from start to finish
* Carry out regular site visits to check on progress and ensure that the project is running on time and to budget
* Resolve problems and issues that arise during construction
* Ensure that the environmental impact of the project is managed.
On offer is salary between £35,000 - £45,000
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.