Analytical Development Team Leader
My client, a leading pharmaceutical company based in Cheshire, is looking to recruit a Analytical Development Team Leader. Reporting into the Head of Product Development, you will supervise a group of Analytical Development Scientists responsible for analytical testing and reporting results of testing for raw materials, packaging components, in-process and finished products, method development, validation and stability testing relating to inhalation products.
Key responsibilities of the Analytical Development Team Leader are:
* Managing a team carrying out QC testing of raw materials, in-process, finished product and incoming packaging components to CGMP standards, including performance management, resource planning, training matrix maintenance and implementation, communications, recruitment and selection, attendance management etc.
* Planning and leading on testing for all current products/projects and future products/projects on site, as described above to assure all materials are released in accordance with agreed customer service deadlines and other production schedules so as not to delay normal production, distribution and marketing activities. Applies performance improvement tools, e.g. Lean/6 Sigma.
* Monitoring results and trends, responds appropriately and assures that quality and compliance issues are resolved in a timely manner with valid technical results so as not to delay production, distribution and marketing activities.
* Ensure the development of new analytical methods using Quality by Design principles; ensure analytical methods from clients are transferred effectively using robust procedures; ensure that new and existing methods are validated
* Participation in problem solving and root cause analysis, ensuring data is trended and any out-of-trend results are highlighted and investigated
* To produce and maintain accurate written reports, interpret results, complete validation documents and SOP's, test procedures and quality control records.
* Assure the timely completion of applicable portions of special projects such as new product introductions and validation projects, and co-ordinates the activities of team members in these projects.
The ideal candidate for the Analytical Development Team Leader post:
* Will have a BSc, MSc or PhD in Chemistry or an associated scientific subject
* Must have previous experience of quality control testing in a pharmaceutical high throughput analytical laboratory
* Must have knowledge of GMP and strong technical knowledge and capability in analytical chemistry with strong emphasis on HPLC
* Previous supervisory experience is required
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.