£18,000 - £20,000
Fantastic opportunity for recent Chemistry graduates or scientific graduates with HPLC experience who are looking to progress.
My client, a leading contract manufacture pharmaceutical company based in the North West, is looking to recruit a Development Scientist. Reporting in to the Lab Team Leader you will be responsible for analysing finished products, stability samples, raw materials and components.
Key responsibilities of the Development Scientist are:
* Perform analysis on raw materials, components, in-process, finished product and Stability samples using HPLC
* Conduct stability studies in line with ICH guidance
* Complete documentation associated with laboratory functions in line with GMP
* Assist in the preparation and review of GMP related documents (SOP's, analytical methods, specifications, etc.)
* Communicate testing status regularly to the team leader
* Conduct analytical equipment calibration activities
* Conduct all work, and maintain, the laboratory in a clean, safe and compliant condition
* Highlight and conduct out of specifications and non-conformances including recommendations and writing of the reports when necessary
* Perform and assist in additional duties as directed by the management
The ideal candidate for the Development Scientist post:
* Will have a BSc or equivalent in a Chemistry degree or related subject with a major chemistry focus.
* Must have previous experience with HPLC, wet chemistry techniques, dissolution testing, UV and IR
* Must have experience testing pharmaceutical products in a GMP environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to be within the heart of a commercial, fast paced analytical laboratory!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.