Are you a Senior Care Assistant in the Glasgow area, or a Senior Support Worker looking to step up to the next level in care? If you're committed to a career spent caring for others, helping to add genuine value and independence to people's lives, this could be the ideal job for you. Search healthcare is looking to place a full-time Senior Care Assistant to cover Glasgow and the surrounding area, offering a competitive rate of £18.05 p/h.
Your Support Worker roles and responsibilities will be:
- Administering medication to residents in care homes
- Supporting nurses with daily tasks
- Looking after all aspects of personal care, assisting with feeding, bathing, washing and dressing
- Carrying out health checks
- Following care plans to meet the specific needs of the service users - and getting to know them as friends
Getting to know clients and their interests and needs is critical as well to build trust and rapport with themselves and their families. It takes an extraordinary and dedicated person to be a Healthcare Assistant. It is physically and emotionally demanding, but with the job satisfaction that you will receive, it will make the job worth it.
Your Senior Care Assistant benefits include excellent pay rates, from £10.50 to £18.05 p/h, and holiday pay too. Industry-leading Healthcare training will be provided to allow you to be the best alongside a free uniform and PVG.
To apply for this Senior Care Assistant role, you will need the following:
- Three months' experience as a senior carer or healthcare assistant
- SVQ Level 3 minimum
- Skills in communicating with tact and sensitivity
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and cope with challenging behaviour
If you are a compassionate and qualified Senior Care Assistant living in or around Glasgow, this could be your next agency Healthcare role. Please register your interest today by applying online, and a member of our nursing recruitment team will be in contact to fast track your application.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.