Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Evette van Est
about 2 months ago
Evette van Est
Temp Administrator - 12 weeks
This role would suit a graduate with some administration experience, great opportunity to gain work experience within a Leading University.
The successful applicant will be handling biometric residence permits for distribution to students and may be required to use the UKVI's web-based Sponsor Management System (SMS), both of which require basic security clearance.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The role will principally focus on the delivery of front line services to students via our Student Services Centre.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities or Duties
* Provide support for clerical and administration activities associated with the provision of front line services to students.
* To provide a friendly and polite first point of contact for all students, staff and guests visiting the Student Services Centre and to respond with speed and accuracy to e-mail, telephone and in-person enquiries.
* To assist with the receipt and distribution of biometric residence permit cards for International students.
* Apply sensitivity with discretion when dealing with student enquiries and confidential information.
* To show ability to solve problems using logic and creativity.
* Contribute to a range of clerical work delivered or coordinated by the Division.
* To work flexibly as part of a team to achieve the Division's objectives.
* To maintain confidentiality of information in line with data protection requirements and University Policy.
* To comply with University Health and Safety requirements.
* To undertake other such duties as may be required by senior managers, commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role.
* The postholder cannot be subject to immigration control
* The appointment will be subject to being cleared through a Home Office basic background check which includes reference to the Police National Computer and internal Home Office records.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing,
* Flexible and responsive to customer needs and able to provide information and advice, whilst maintaining confidentiality.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work in a busy environment and meet strict deadlines.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a polite, friendly and confident manner
* Demonstrates an ability to work in a busy team environment and support colleagues in the delivery of objectives.
* Computer literate with experience working with Excel, Word, MS Outlook.
* Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* An interest in higher education administration.
* Experience of administrative work
* Previous Customer Service experience.
* Awareness of Data Protection and importance of maintaining confidentiality.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age