I am working with one of the UK's largest pension consultancies who are looking to add a Actuarial Assistant to their team.
They are looking for a part qualified Actuary to join their large Actuarial and Consultancy team in their Guildford office. You will have the opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of pension scheme management. You will also work with a variety of clients, large and small.
The main responsibilities of this role will involve preparing valuation results, carrying out individual member calculations, developing spreadsheets and drafting reports and other communications. You'll have the opportunities to attend regular client meetings and support the development and presentation of our new market-leading pension scheme modelling software.
- Actuarial valuations
- Production of company accounting disclosures
- Individual benefits
- PPF levy
- Bulk transfer
- Understanding the implications of the results of the above calculations in order to provide advice on matters such as contribution rates, levy reduction, liability reduction exercises.
- Drafting reports, emails and presentations to deliver actuarial results and advice
- Drafting member communications (e.g. Summary Funding Statements, responses to individual queries)
- Client management, taking responsibility for allocation and completion of work, and meeting deadlines, working directly with senior members of the client teams
- Maintaining a good understanding of relevant technical issues, including TASs, Codes of Practice, scheme documentation and the supporting regulatory framework
- Developing internal standard processes and identifying new ways to work more efficiently
- Ideally, 1-4 years' experience as an Actuarial Student, educated to degree level with a minimum 2:1 degree
- Good progress to date through the Actuarial exams
- Broad understanding of how UK pensions schemes operate, with an understanding of UK Pensions Legislation
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to prioritise and complete work in accordance to deadlines
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of MS Office suite of products, in particular Excel
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills. Confident and able to explain complex issues in simplified terms to clients and more junior team members.
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.