Search Consultancy is currently recruiting an Accounts Senior for a leading firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors in Glasgow.
This role will involve preparing management and annual accounts for various businesses, including limited companies, sole traders and partnerships and providing support and backup for bookkeeping and management accounts preparation on Xero. Some of the work undertaken in this role will take place on client's premises and so some travel will be required.
* Managing a diverse portfolio of clients, including sole traders, limited companies and partnerships
* Building, developing and maintaining relationships with your portfolio
* Preparation of management accounts, annual accounts and VAT returns
* Preparation of business plans and other reports on an ad hoc basis
* Providing business advice to clients as required, both proactively and reactively
* Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
* Working closely with the Managers and Partners in the growth of the department
* CA/ACCA qualification or nearly qualified
* Several years experience in a practice environment providing business support
* Strong knowledge of accounting software packages, such as Xero, IRIS or Sage
* Excellent IT skills, communication skills and attention to detail
* A strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work to deadlines
* Demonstrable experience of working in a team based environment
* Solid financial reporting and analysis experience
In return for your hard work you will be provided with a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as realistic and achievable progression opportunities
Please apply below, or for further queries relating to the role or other opportunities, contact Jeff McCaskill at Search Consultancy (Glasgow)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.