Supervisor - Accounts Payable (Temporary)
This role will manage the Accounts Payable function within the Financial Transaction team, below are specific requirements for this area, but this list is not exhaustive and you will be expected to carry out the role to the best of your ability whatever the tasks assigned.
- Work within and to Group policies, ensuring your knowledge of policy and procedure are up to date and correct. Where necessary communicate correct policy to stakeholders in an appropriate, clear and respectful way.
- Work within 3rd party requirements both legislative and commercial e.g. HMRC, BACS.
- Ensure all communications with stakeholders, whether internal or external, are clear, appropriate and respectful.
- o For the avoidance of doubt, the term stakeholder is used for all those involved in a process, including suppliers, customers, external bodies such as HMRC or the bank, colleagues in other departments and Finance.
- Although you will be provided with training and instruction, it is your responsibility to request further training from your supervisor or manager where you think it is necessary.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Where possible, identify ways your tasks can be improved making them more efficient and bringing suggestions to your supervisor's/manager's attention.
- Maintain historical records with accurate filing both in paper and digital form, ensuring compliance with the company GDPR guidelines and keeping information confidential.
- Actively supporting changes to systems and processes
- Update job knowledge by participating in suitable educational opportunities.
Supervising the Accounts Payable Team to ensure processes are followed as necessary to ensure correctness, accuracy and timeliness of processing:
- Ensuring the team's work is accurate and invoices and employee expense claims are processed and approved for payment using the correct process.
- Responsible for planning and execution of supplier payment runs.
- Identifying and actioning additional training and development needs for the team.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements, company credit cards etc.
- Responsible for team welfare and management, including managing workload across the team and time management.
- Follow company processes regarding HR requirements.
- Regular meetings with team and other stakeholders to understand their requirements and move on any issues outstanding.
- Review any suggestions for improvements of processes within the team, making improvements and efficiencies where possible, engaging others required to make the improvements, ensuring SLT is informed of changes in advance.
- Maintaining metrics to measure the performance of the team and the business and use these to make improvements to the performance of the team and the business.
- Reporting of agreed metrics to agreed timescales.
- Producing and maintaining process documentation
Team job role
- Review and verify invoices and cheque requests
- Sort, code (where applicable) and match invoices
- Enter and upload invoices into system
- Process expense reports
- Prepare electronic transfers and payments
- Prepare and perform cheque runs
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Monitor supplier accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Setup and maintain supplier files, verifying information where appropriate
- Correspond with suppliers and respond to inquiries
- Assist with month end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Report VAT by correctly calculating requirements as per invoices.
- Pay suppliers for the amounts due by monitoring discount opportunities
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding items
- Ensure that payments are made only for items that are due, accurate and correctly authorised.
- Verify supplier accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Provide support to the business in processing POs, goods receipting and approvals correctly.
- Monitor AP email Folder
- Distribute relevant forms to new suppliers
KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in an accounts payable role with relevant experience/qualifications
- Experience of working as a supervisor with relevant experience / qualifications
- Excellent IT skills with experience of using an integrated accounting package
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Understand the importance of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Team Player
- Confidentiality and sound judgement