Search Consultancy is currently recruiting for a Accounts Payable Clerk to join a fantastic business Halifax.
Not only will you be working for a brilliant company, but you will be joining a happy team of professionals that really support one another, work collaboratively and enjoy a great environment.
If you're looking for a role that offers genuine variety and an exciting challenge, this is the role for you!
You will use your experience of processing, reviewing and verifying invoices, Flagging and clarifying any unusual or questionable invoices / purchasing activities to ensure best practice. Typical tasks will include preparing and processing electronic payments, issuing company cheques, monitoring accounts and ensuring payment details are correct and up to date, communicating via phone and email with internal stakeholders and external vendors / suppliers, work closely with internal parties to help them understand the company policies and processes and support the team by offering ideas for improvement and better ways of working.
* £20,000 per annum with Salary review on completion of probation
* Free parking
* Stakeholder pension scheme (Max 10% employer contribution)
* 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 bank holidays
Expertise, knowledge and experience required
* Minimum two year experience working within an Accounts Payable function
* Working knowledge / experience of procurement procedures & policies
* Proven track record /extensive experience in a high volume, high value Accounts Payable function
* Proven track record of excellent communication
* Proven track record of query / complaint resolution
* Proven working experience in the application of CIS (construction industry Scheme)
* Working knowledge of SAP
* Competent in the use of Standard Microsoft Office Packages
* Sound understanding of the full purchase to pay cycle
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.