Search Consultancy currently has an exceptionally rare opportunity for an Accounting Manager with a Top 10 professional services firm in Glasgow.
In this role you will be responsible for the day to day management of the accounting department, ensuring that clients are provided with the highest level of service. You will play a significant part in the growth of the department by identifying new business opportunities as well as further developing existing client relationships.
The role will involve maintaining a high level of technical knowledge in both accounting and tax.
* Manage a diverse portfolio of clients, including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
* Ensuring that all clients needs are identified and serviced accordingly
* Preparing group consolidations
* Monitoring the team's progress on work against budgets, making sure deadlines are adhered to
* Reviewing the work completed by junior members of the team, providing constructive feedback and training as required
* Manage the team's performance, ensuring appropriate objective and development plans are in place
* Actively participate in the recruitment process for specialist and graduate staff
* Working closely with the Senior Manager and Directors
* ACA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience
* Exceptional technical accounting skills gained from within a practice environment - essential
* Strong experience of UK financial reporting
* Experience of leading a team, reviewing work prepared and providing training
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* A high level of responsibility and pride in your work
In return you will be provided with a highly competitive salary, flexible working hours and further progression opportunities.
Please apply below, or for further queries relating to the role or other opportunities, contact Jeff McCaskill at Search Consultancy (Glasgow)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.