Accounts Assistant - Huddersfield
Search Consultancy has been appointed to attract an experienced and commercially minded Accounts assistant on behalf of a major blue chip organization within the professional services industry.
Salary: 21k - 23K
* Annual bonus + Annual Pay Review
* 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
Principle accountabilities of the role include but are not limited to:
* Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
* To follow Purchase Ledger close down procedures, adhering to strict deadlines.
* To carry out and lead weekly and monthly payment runs.
* Process employee expenses.
* Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details.
* Carry out any other reasonable tasks in accordance with operational needs as requested by your managers.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
* Experience of working as an Account Clerk in a fast-paced environment with strict reporting deadlines.
* Experience of preparing and managing accounts.
* Experience in the use of COINS ERP / SAP / SAGE systems is desirable.
* Experience of working within construction or housebuilding is desirable.
Skills and Aptitude:
* Sound communication and listening skills.
* Good administration skills.
* Ability to work on your own as well as part of a team.
* IT literate, with intermediate skills in Excel and the ability to adapt to new systems.
* Confident communicating information to non-financial employees
* Proactive attitude to problem solving and willingness to undertake work of all levels.
* Committed to diversity and inclusion
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.