This uniquely bespoke company are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join the team. Boasting a folder of the biggest brand names in the UK they manufacture one of the most popular products in the shops. As this is a newly created role the ideal candidate will be working towards an accounting qualification and have previously worked in a similar role and looking to progress and develop their skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Posting invoices and ensuring postings are going to correct nominal codes
* Reviewing purchase statements and aged creditors reports
* Calculating and processing sales invoices, ensuring timely collection of money including preparation of direct debit collection
* Assisting with credit control such as sending out statements, emailing and telephoning customers in the UK and overseas
* Carrying out and preparing VAT returns
* Bank and balance sheet reconciliations
* Identifying fixed assets on register
* Supporting the Finance Manager as required with adhoc accounting duties
Skills and Experience:
* Organised, efficient and able to manage and meet multiple deadlines
* At least 2 years' experience working as a Accounts Assistant
* Accountancy & Finance Qualifications would be advantageous (AAT,CIMA, ACCA)
* Excellent and effective communicator
* A team player who also strives with the challenges independent working
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
What they offer:
* A warm, friendly workplace with opportunities for skill and career progression
* Competitive remuneration package plus company holidays and pension contribution
* Events including Christmas party, social events, team building exercises, birthday off work and sweepstakes for prizes
To be considered for the role please submit a copy of your CV in Word format and click APPLY NOW.
Finance Assistant / Bookkeeper/ Finance Officer / Finance Administrator / Assistant Accountant / Accounts Manager
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.