Job Title: Accounts Assistant - Part Time
Salary: £29,000 Pro Rata
The main purpose of the role is to support the Accountant in the provision of a comprehensive, professional accountancy service, including financial and management accounting, treasury and general ledger maintenance.
* To monitor the application of controls in the operation of the BL financial policies for investments and treasury management, fixed assets and other Balance Sheet accounts.
* To maintain and reconcile the Fixed Asset register, including the coordination of the annual asset identification exercise, and to be the main point of contact for all capital related queries.
* To assist in the preparation of the year end accounts including supporting notes for completion by Financial and Management Accountant and to effectively handle queries from the external auditors.
* To ensure information on Trust Funds is verified and reported to the Board.
* To assist in ensuring VAT and Corporation Tax compliance across the Library, including preparing the annual VAT reclaim percentage.
* To provide advice to business areas on tax treatment of proposed transactions/contracts etc.
* To participate in financial process improvement reviews.
* Accountancy Qualification - CCAB qualified or part qualified with commitment to completing professional examinations.
* Knowledge of Government accounting requirements
* Financial and mathematical acumen
* Excellent IT skills including knowledge of Accounting Systems.
* Understanding of financial and banking regulations and practices
* Will have the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
This would suit someone who is looking to work part time hours of 18 hours per week. Preferable working days would be Wednesday Afternoon, Thursday and Fridays.
Please contact Abigail Elstub directly on 01133088069
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.