Search Consultancy is currently recruiting a Accounts Assistant for a leading mid-tier accountancy practice based in Edinburgh.
In this role, you will provide support to Managers in a business advisory capacity, being responsible for the preparation of financial accounts, management accounts and VAT returns for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies. The firm is going through significant change and growth currently and there is plenty of opportunity for internal progression, meaning you can advance your career in a supportive environment with a strong company culture.
* Managing relationships within a portfolio of clients, including limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
* Preparation of statutory financial accounts, management accounts and VAT returns
* Additional duties as required, including budgets, fee quotes, disclosures and software training for clients (Sage/Xero)
* Keeping Managers up to date with work carried out and providing finalised work for review
* Acting in a business advisory capacity on special assignments
* ACA/ACCA qualified of part-qualified
* 2 years' experience working in a fast paced accountancy practice - essential
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong IT skills, including accounting software Sage and Xero - strong preferred
* The ability to work with minimal supervision to deadlines and handle pressure
In return you will be joining a well established team in one of the country's most highly respected firms, providing an industry leading salary, flexible working hours and realistic progression opportunities
Please apply below, or for further queries relating to the role or other opportunities, contact Jeff McCaskill at Search Consultancy (Glasgow)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.