Finance Manager - Qualified Accountant CIMA/ACCA up to £44K + Excellent Benefits Package - Permanent - Manchester
Working in partnership with Search, this innovative, ambitious and hugely diverse national organisation is seeking a Accounting Team Manager to join the Leadership Team. Based in the Manchester Shared Service Centre this newly created role will enable you to showcase your natural leadership skills and support the Head of Business Support in delivering strategic objectives, implementing best practice and driving performance across a business which has a turnover in the billions.
The role purpose is to deliver financial reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and reallocation of costs. Responsible for the submission of taxation returns and related information to the group taxation department or external agencies.
Key Accountabilities for the role
- Lead a team of finance professionals to deliver financial reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and reallocation of costs.
- Responsible for the submission of taxation returns and related information to Network Rail group taxation department and/ or external agencies.
- Lead the accounting team to deliver the period end reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner, engage with key partners offering insight and challenge on period performance.
- Define a balance sheet approach within shared services, drive standards and adherence to improve standards and reduce financial exposure.
- Offer technical support to teams on all accounting matters, reflect changes in accounting policy within reconciliations and the approach adopted by teams.
- Lead the accounting team to deliver an accurate and timely VAT return ensuring deadlines are met, submissions are accurate thus avoiding additional disclosures and potential fines.
- Establish and maintain control procedures in relation to corporation tax, VAT and construction industry system (CIS) and other direct and indirect taxes within oracle projects.
- Operate within the pre-agreed control framework; embed a control mind set amongst the accounts team. Continually reviewing the framework for adherence, where gaps are identified take personal ownership to define, socialise and embed improvements. Work with all parties to reduce risk and the cost of control.
- Develop / continually improve relations with key stakeholders within the accounts portfolio, define and embed a customer centric culture where all accounts team members consider the impact on customers and their future requirements.
- Play an active role in the Shared Services people forum, developing peer group people initiatives, consistency in the application of people policies and improvement in centre wide engagement.
The role demands exemplary leadership skills, combined with delivering continuous improvement and strong accounting skills which you will have developed within large, corporate regulatory environments. These will compliment your exceptional influencing and stakeholder management skills which will be endorsed.
If you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please contact Vicky Howard @ Search on 0161 835 8619 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.