Search Technology & Transformation is recruiting a 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer for a leading manufacturing company based in Yorkshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the business at a time when there is substantial investment into I.T and so this exciting role will incorporate project base work, not just BAU.
The 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer will be required to have skills and experience in the following technical areas.
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012
- Experience of virtualisation, ideally VMware.
- Active Directory, Group Policy,
- Microsoft Office 365
- Had exposure to network support (LAN/WAN)
The 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer will be responsible for following areas of project and BAU based work.
- Assisting first line with the handling of incidents, problems and queries to the support desk as required, providing a professional point of contact for all support issues and enquiries.
- Assist the Service Delivery manager with ongoing projects and upgrades
- Helpdesk ticket ownership and progression.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues escalated from first line support.
- Resolution of issues promptly, courteously and professionally within the second line skill set to agreed service levels (SLAs), liaising with other service team members as required.
- Notification of service affecting issues and/or the resolution of those issues, clearly and in a timely fashion.
- Maintaining users and computers in Active Directory.
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of all IT hardware and software.
- Installation and configuration of workstations.
- Maintenance of backups, ensuring they are efficient and verified.
- Sourcing of new hardware and software from third party suppliers.
- Production of Support, Operational and Technical Documentation
If this opportunity sounds like it could be your next move in your career, please send through your latest CV to Benjamin Applewhaite or call 0161 835 8790.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.