At Search, we specialise in recruiting for the insurance industry and work with some of the UK’s leading organisations to place the best insurance people. Our presence in 13 locations, from Brighton to Sheffield and Edinburgh to Aberdeen means that we have the scope to provide full national coverage as well as local expertise.
Search takes an active role in the general insurance industry, supporting business and Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) events whilst providing a truly consultative, comprehensive and confidential service to individuals and employers alike.
At Search Insurance we tailor our business to meet the specific needs of the insurance industry. Our regional presence enables us to meet the specific geographic requirements of regional and national businesses in a number of major UK cities including Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
As one of the leading UK insurance recruitment agencies, we appreciate that the compact and defined nature of the insurance industry requires the highest levels of discretion and confidentiality and we combine this with an in-depth understanding of the needs of individuals and employers alike. Many of the members of our team have previously worked in the wider insurance industry. Their knowledge, experience and professionalism enables us to get closer to businesses and individuals to provide the most relevant and effective solutions.
About Search Insurance
We are the recruiter of choice for many Global leaders in the insurance and financial services sector.
- Despite the impact of the economic downturn on the insurance & financial services markets, we have continued to grow through recent years, whilst our most notable competitors have contracted.
- We are accomplished at working and delivering in all employment or resourcing circumstances, encompassing the provision of temporary and contract staff as well as our core business of placing permanent professionals. While we usually operate on a contingency basis, we are also accomplished at working on a retained basis, which is more effective for executive or project based assignments.
- Our thoroughness in vetting and gaining referencing on candidates we represent is, we believe, the most comprehensive in the sector and by far exceeds usual best practice recommended procedures.
Our insurance recruitment services include:
- Unified partner teams in insurance and financial services to provide an all-encompassing service across the sector.
- Comprehensive search methodology to obtain the best candidates encompassing database, media, advertising, web sourcing, recommendations, referrals and pro-active search and selection or head-hunting.
- Consistently high level of success in delivering for a range of clients from small proprietor-run partnerships right through to universally known global names.
- A market-leading team of dedicated insurance recruiters within each of our insurance recruitment agencies, many of whom have previous experience in the sector that they now recruit for.
- Enviable track-record of delivering both to our client partners and other businesses whose usual providers have failed to deliver.
- Full national coverage throughout our strategically placed branch network to ensure maximum knowledge of markets and close proximity to clients and candidates alike.
- Our results are driven by a quality over quantity approach and are measured by volume of success rather than volume of CVs.
If you’re looking for your next quality insurance hire, speak to Search today. Our consultants based at our regional offices in Aberdeen, Brighton, Crawley, Dundee, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield would be delighted to talk you about our insurance recruitment services.
About the insurance industry
The insurance industry has grown significantly in recent years and now employs thousands of people across the country. The UK insurance sector is the largest in Europe and a leading global centre in a truly worldwide industry.
Insurance forms a vital part of the wider financial services cluster in the UK and benefits from a broad and highly developed skills base. Integrated alongside accountancy, legal services, banking, and compliance, a thriving insurance sector creates demand for professional services; and vice versa. The capacity for risk assessment and risk management that insurers provide serves as the platform to realise commercial opportunities.
The overarching UK insurance industry is composed of underwriting, broking, actuarial and marketing talent that operates across a range of sub-sectors – whether general insurance, life, wholesale and reinsurance. Compared with leading high growth economies, the UK has a significant comparative advantage in insurance skills, demonstrated by the relative specialisation of UK insurers in global markets.
Search recognises that the insurance sector offers a wide range of interesting, demanding, and well-paid jobs. Despite this, the industry often finds it difficult to find the right recruits at all skill levels to meet increasing demand. The challenge is to raise awareness of the opportunities available and recruit sufficient numbers of new recruits at all employment stages. Search’s insurance recruitment professionals offer consultancy and partnership services to all of our clients to help them achieve this.
We offer a huge range of recruitment and staffing services, which include:
- Temporary staffing
- Permanent placement
- Volume recruitment
- Campaign planning
- Employer branding
- Recruitment & CV training
- Candidate attraction
- Assessment centre design & facilitation
- Selection process design
- Pre-employment screening
- Skills testing
- Offer management
- Labour market intelligence
- Salary & benefits benchmarking
- Interview & meeting facilities
- A full range of consultancy services
Contact us today to find out how Search can help you find your next insurance hire. With offices in Aberdeen, Brighton, Crawley, Dundee, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield, no other insurance recruitment agency is better placed to fulfil your needs.
We look forward to working with you.